FOCS 2021 is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Mathematical Foundations of Computing.
IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS 2021) – Now Taking Place Virtually
The safety and well-being of all conference participants is our priority. After evaluating the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the decision has been made to transform the IEEE FOCS 2021 conference into an all-digital conference experience – IEEE FOCS 2021 will now be an online event. Therefore, IEEE FOCS 2021 will no longer take place in Denver, Colorado and will instead take place virtually. The conference dates remain the same – February 7-10, 2022. Proceedings will not be cancelled, and publications will continue as planned.
- Conference: February 7-10, 2022
- Early Registration: Before February 6, 2022
Paper submission deadline: 5pm EDT, June 3, 2021 Notification: End of August, 2021 (note that this is after SODA submission deadline) Final version due: November 15, 2021 Test of Times Awards Nomination Deadline: October 31, 2021
You can find information on funding opportunities for eligible students and postdoctoral fellows here.
You can find the conference program here.
You can find a list of accepted papers here.
Best Paper Awards
Nutan Limaye, Srikanth Srinivasan and Sébastien Tavenas. Superpolynomial Lower Bounds Against Low-Depth Algebraic Circuits
Machtey Award for Best Student Paper:
Xiao Mao. Breaking the Cubic Barrier for (Unweighted) Tree Edit Distance
Test of Time Awards
The test of time awards have been announced here.
|Yossi Azar||Tel Aviv University|
|Arnab Bhattachryya||National University of Singapore|
|Zvika Brakerski||Weizmann Institute of Science|
|Anindya De||University of Pennsylvania|
|Uriel Feige||Weizmann Institute of Science|
|Ankit Garg||Microsoft Research India|
|David Gosset||University of Waterloo|
|Joshua Grochow||University of Colorado Boulder|
|Johan Håstad||KTH Royal Institute of Technology|
|Prateek Jain||Google India|
|Russell Impagliazzo||UC San Diego|
|Pritish Kamath||Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago|
|Anna Karlin||University of Washington|
|Tali Kaufman||Bar-Ilan University|
|Silvio Lattanzi||Google Zurich|
|Yin Tat Lee||University of Washington|
|Lorenzo Orecchia||University of Chicago|
|Merav Parter||Weizmann Institute of Science|
|R. Ravi||Carnegie Mellon University|
|Susanna Rezende||Czech Academy of Sciences|
|Noga Ron-Zewi||University of Haifa|
|Barna Saha||UC Berkeley|
|Piyush Srivastava||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research|
|Daniel Stefankovic||University of Rochester|
|László Végh||London School of Economics|
|Cynthia Vinzant||North Carolina State University and IAS|
|Amir Yehudayoff||Technion – Israel Institute of Technology|
- Conference #: 52979
- TCMF Chair: Yuval Rabani (HUJI, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem), email: email@example.com.
- TCMF Vice Chair: Shang-Hua Teng (University of Southern California)
- Program Chair: Nisheeth Vishnoi (Yale), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conference Finance Chair: Alexandra Kolla (University of Colorado Boulder), email: email@example.com.
- ToC Advocates (anti-harassment): Erin Chambers, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Martin Farach-Colton, Rutgers University, email: email@example.com
- Workshop and Tutorial Co-chairs: Alexander Sherstov (UCLA) and Vincent Cohen-Addad (Google Zürich).
- Web Administrator: Charlie Carlson (University of Colorado Boulder).